England’s tour of India will be the first case of an international team playing in the country post pandemic. After the IPL in the United Arab Emirates and India’s tour of Australia, the Indian team will finally play on its home ground.
There is excitement in the air, and the fans are looking forward to this treat. Betting predictions for both the teams have been coming forth in huge numbers and gambling platforms are getting ready for the two-month-long tournament.
Here is what you need to know:
About India-England Test Series 2021
India vs England Test Series 2021 will be a part of the ICC World Test Championship whose final will be played at the Lord’s cricket ground in June 2021.
Here are the fixtures of the four test match series:
- Feb 5-9: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- Feb 13- 17: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- Feb 24-28: Sardar Patel or Motera Stadium, Ahmedabad
- Mar 4-8: Sardar Patel or Motera Stadium, Ahmedabad
Both the teams will soon announce the squad. For India, squad predictions will depend on the players’ performance against the test series in Australia. Names like Shubman Gill, Mohammed Siraj, and Navdeep Saini may be in the list.
Keep the history in mind, along with India’s performance in the test series against Australia. Rahane has been performing well, and Kohli was scoring runs before he went off on paternity leave. Pujara has been the favourites of fans in test cricket, and Hardik Pandya can finish off the innings spectacularly.
Moreover, Ravindra Jadeja, too, has been consistently contributing as an all-rounder. India’s performance in Australia has been at par, and it can bring the same level of success in the test series against England. England’s success will depend on its performance with Sri Lanka right before the Indian tournament.
However, England has secured wins against India in the last three test series – 2011, 2014, and 2018. In fact, India has won against England just once in the 2007 Pataudi Trophy since 1990. Moreover, India has won only 26 times out of 122 test matches. Hence, to prepare a stellar betting strategy, you need to make sure that you are familiar with India and England’s clash history.
Your betting strategy must be thorough, and even though the performance of the team is essential, you need to keep the following points in mind to enhance your cricket predictions:
- Weather impact: Keep the weather conditions in mind before placing a bet. For instance, cloudy sky benefits the swing bowlers. Apart from this, think of the long haul, and the weather will change during a five-day game.
- Pitch information: Learn about the pitch conditions and how it will affect the batting and bowling teams. Moreover, acquire knowledge about how it will change as the game progresses.
Final say – Types of bets
This post covered pointers that will help you devise a better betting strategy in the India vs England test series. Moreover, you will have multiple options for placing a bet:
- Batsman matches and match runs: Batsman matches where only a particular inning is counted, and ‘match runs’ is for the entire game.
- To score: To score 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400 by the batsman
- Match Betting, Draw-No-Bet, and Double Chance: Match betting is for win place, draw-no-bet eliminates the scope of a draw, and double chance applies for winning the match along with a draw.
You can bet through multiple other ways—for example, most sixes, most boundaries, wickets, runouts, and more. The opportunities are plenty, and all you need to do is formulate a strategy.